Understanding Ultrasound-Assisted Lipoplasty
Liposuction or lipoplasty is a surgical procedure in which excess fat is removed from different body parts to contour your figure. There are several different techniques associated with liposuction. One of them is ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty, or UAL. In this procedure, the walls of the fat cells in the body are liquefied by transmitting ultrasound vibrations or waves within the body using a specialized cannula. The suction of the body cells is made easier this way. After this fat is emulsified it is vacuumed out of the body with ease. It is a relatively new method.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ultrasound-Assisted Lipoplasty
- Advantages: The advantages of ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty include:
- It helps in removal of large amount of fat as the fat is liquefied
- The procedure is very effective in treating areas with fibrous tissues such as abdomen, ankles, arms, buttocks, cheeks and chin
- Large incisions not required
- There are decreased chances of postoperative bruising and swelling
- Less blood loss
- The rate of your skin tightening increases significantly comparatively to other procedures
- Disadvantages: There are a few disadvantages as well which are associated with this procedure. There is a greater risk of blistering and bruises because of the larger amount of heat produced. A condition known as Seroma can also occur. The void which is created by the excess fat removal is filled by fluid and this fluid has to be drained out of the body using syringes until the cavities are closed.
To achieve the best results from an ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty you need to consult a skilled surgeon who has thorough knowledge and expertise in performing such a surgery. Correct assistance from a skilled professional will help you transform yourself.
Want to Know More about Ultrasound-Assisted Lipoplasty? Contact Dr. Stephen T. Greenberg
For more information about ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty, contact Dr. Greenberg today. We are located in Manhattan, Woodbury and Southamton and can be reached directly at (212) 319-4999, (516) 364-4200 and (631) 287-4999. We look forward to hearing from you soon.